I’m excited to have been nominated for my second blogging award.
While these awards aren’t the official kind, it is cool to be encouraged by fellow bloggers in the blogosphere (the blogging community).
What are the award’s rules?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select up to fifteen bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment (or pingback) on each blog to let them know that you’ve nominated them and provide a link to the post you’ve created.
How my blog started?
Well, I must have said this story a couple of times now, but i’d say it again for the purpose of this post. I’ve been writing on social media for a long time, about four years actively, particularly on my personal Facebook page. After a while, I started getting suggestions to start a blog, but I found it all too cliche. Two years back, I eventually registered an account on WordPress but I didn’t know how to go about my blogging or what exactly to do. Clarity came for me less than a year ago, and then I finally started blogging. It’s been a swell ride since then.
Advice to new Bloggers
- Purpose: I find it highly important and essential to figure this out. To find clarity of purpose, to discover why you want to blog and what you want to blog about. This gives structure to everything you do. Knowing this, helps you to keep going even when you’re discouraged or facing challenges or difficulties along your journey as a blogger. Trust me, its not all roses. There are thorns as well. But knowing your “why” would help you get through.
- Consistency: This is the next best thing to being taken seriously as a blogger. Building and creating good content consistently. While choosing the frequency at which you publish blog posts is a choice, I mean its optional to post daily, weekly, monthly or whichever works for you. But its not okay to ghost off on the blog or go AWOL. While you’re allowed breaks to refresh as needed, its important to create a trustworthy relationship with your readership.
These are my two cents of blogging bits and advice. I hope they prove helpful to you.
Wow! This is a hard one. I thought about who to nominate and its quite difficult to just pick a handful. I’ve met quite a lot of amazing writers here and would like to recognise you all for your amazing work.
So if you want to do this award, please feel free to do so. Just follow the rules as highlighted and send me a link so I can see it.
Good Luck and thank you all😘
Love and Grace,